Are you embarrassed about asking for help in your business? Do you find you spend more time doing things for other people than for yourself?
What can we as entrepreneurs do to get the help we so desperately need without feeling bad about it?
The answer is simple: We need to have courage.
Heather Hubbard is the founder of Simple courage, a storytelling media company, movement, and community. She teaches business owners how to be brave in their everyday lives so they can be successful and feel fulfilled doing work that THEY want to do.
As a business owner I know I find it scary to admit when I’m struggling, but whenever I do it pays off. I end up getting the help I need and I reach more people. It might seem embarrassing to admit when you’re struggling, but the truth is that everyone struggles and those of us who talk about it are the courageous ones.
If you’re struggling with people pleasing and asking for help in your business, this episode is for you. You don’t have to feel so alone or stuck anymore.
Listen to hear how you can use courage to grow your business, including:
- [02:07] Courage is being brave in your everyday life. Ask for what you need and remember that even if things feel like they are life or death, they usually aren’t. Ask yourself “What do I want?” instead of “What should I do?”
- [06:30] We all have our own hidden fears and we’re so worried about what other people will think.Team growth is a challenge. A lot of people don’t want to be vulnerable and share that they are struggling, but being honest like that is courageous.
- [12:10] If you’ve ever said I always wanted to ___, go do it. It can be super simple, or a whole business, but you need to do what’s best for you.
- [18:50] If you don’t know what you want, curiosity is your best tool. Try something new this week. It can be as simple as communicating a different way. ACt like a mad scientist and see if something feels good or not. Don’t try to get it right or be perfect, and you’ll slowly find what works for you.
- [23:15] Do things that haven’t been done before. Burn down the rulebook and experiment. Go through the journey and adjust for yourself, you don’t need to follow someone else’s path.
If you want to be simply courageous, click here to listen.
After You Listen…
Be sure to subscribe to The Laura Sprinkle Show. I’ve got some amazing interviews on the horizon, and I don’t want you to miss a single episode!
And if you’re feeling extra generous, I’d love if you could leave a review on iTunes letting me know what you think. After leaving your review, click here to be entered into a monthly drawing to get a personal gift from me.
Mentioned in This Episode