Whether you’re changing your business offering, working through a rebrand, or you’re starting to feel disconnected from your work and looking to do something different, we’ve all been there when it comes to pivoting.
When you’re going in a new direction it can feel like you have to burn everything down and start again (trust me, I’ve been there). But the truth is, we’re never REALLY starting from scratch.
“Pivoting is not the same thing as beginning again,” Juju says, “It’s a new application of the same mastery.”
When I shut down my health coaching business (I helped women heal their gut problems for several years) and started building websites instead, I was able to build my revenue to the same level in a fraction of the time. And that’s because I already had some mastery of what it took to build a business.
Juju is a master at the pivot and she shares some deeply personal stories in this episode about what it means to completely change your mind while still maintaining equity and knowledge from your past experience.
Listen to hear how you can change your life and business without starting everything over, including:
- [02:52] Pivoting is not the same thing as beginning again. It’s a new application of the same mastery, and the key is we don’t have to toss away everything we’ve already built and learned to do it. We can apply this to our personal lives, our business, and even in our branding.
- [17:17] The decision to pivot can be made in a lot of different ways. Not everyone has the same epiphany. For some people it’s the feeling of not wanting to go to work and for some it’s getting bored, or feeling restless. If you’re wondering if it’s time to pivot, ask yourself “What do I do? And how do I really feel about it?”
- [25:50] Once you realize it’s time to pivot, think about your values. It’s also essential to make sure that you are driven by desire. Now ask yourself “What matters to me?”, “How do I want to spend my days?”, “What do I stand for?”, and “What do I stand against?”
- [30:09] You have to solve a real problem that people will pay for a solution to. Make sure that if you’re teaching people something that they really want to know how to do that thing, and give yourself enough time to try things out and adjust them as needed. This isn’t pass/fail, remember you can tweak things as you go.
- [34:50] If you want to figure out how you naturally influence people, try out Juju’s Free Assessment and find your essence of influence.
If you want to make a change in your life or business, click here to listen.
After You Listen…
Be sure to subscribe to The Laura Sprinkle Show. I’ve got some amazing interviews on the horizon, and I don’t want you to miss a single episode!
And if you’re feeling extra generous, I’d love if you could leave a review on iTunes letting me know what you think. After leaving your review, click here to be entered into a monthly drawing to get a personal gift from me.
Mentioned in This Episode