It’s one thing to build and grow an audience, but when you cultivate an audience that’s obsessed with you (in a good way, of course!), your business will thrive. Those raving fans will eagerly purchase your products, become the best students and case studies, you’ll have more fun, and make more money.
But how do you do that? Well, that’s what this conversation with Melissa Cassera is about. Melissa is an expert in publicity, sales, and storytelling, as well as an accomplished screenwriter. She’s been around the block more than once, working with huge brands, small brands, and everything in between. In this episode, we talk about how to extract your own unique story that acts as a beacon to attract your dream clients and customers. They’ll see themselves in you and that’s when the obsession begins.
Listen as we talk about:
- [02:18] How Melissa’s obsession with soap operas as a child was the springboard for her future writing career
- [03:05] Melissa talks about how she got into writing for business and PR work
- [03:22] Why Melissa created her own agency and how it’s different than writing for corporations
- [04:19] How Melissa began her screenwriting career
- [05:26] The first step to incorporating more of yourself in your writing
- [05:52] How to build obsessed fan bases for your writing and work
- [07:48] An exercise to help you become more comfortable talking about what you do
- [11:16] How to overcome your fear of sharing your interests and incorporating those into your business and marketing
- [15:10] A great lesson to remember any time you feel judged by others for being you
- [16:10] How Melissa makes her launches more personal
- [21:51] What aspect PR plays in Melissa’s business
- [22:08] The difference of PR landscape today: Traditional vs. Influencers
- [23:36] Why Melissa enjoys being a podcast guest
- [25:39] How Melissa begins cultivating relationships with podcast hosts
- [27:28] Why creating exceptional content can land you a podcast guesting without reaching out
- [28:36] Fun + Personalization = Obsession
- [29:40] What similarity 80% of the people Melissa encounters have
- [32:45] Why figuring out what lights you up can make your business more fun
- [34:52] How going to improv class can help your business
If you want to be visible in more ways and create an enthusiastic audience for you or your business, click here to listen!
After You Listen…
Be sure to subscribe to The Laura Sprinkle Show! I’ve got some amazing interviews on the horizon, and I don’t want you to miss a single episode!
And if you’re feeling extra generous, I’d love if you could leave a review on iTunes letting me know what you think! After leaving your review, click here to be entered into a monthly drawing to get a personal gift from me!
Mentioned in This Episode
- Follow Melissa here!