- What happens if no-one buys my course?
- What should I do if I post a blog and no one comments?
- What will happen if I do a Facebook live and no-one shows up?
These are real fears for us entrepreneurs and they can be huge roadblocks on the journey to getting out there and getting visibility.
I LOVED this conversation with Alexandra Franzen, writer, consultant, and the author of You’re Going to Survive: True stories about adversity, rejection, defeat, terrible bosses, online trolls, 1-star Yelp reviews, and other soul-crushing experiences—and how to get through it.
She’s someone who’s been featured by top publications like Time, Forbes, and Newsweek, worked with top-players in our industry, like Marie Forleo and Danielle LaPorte, and sells out retreats + writing classes…
And yet has also experienced lots of rejection + defeat. (As have all leaders, BTW.)
You’re going to want to take a listen and hear about:
- A powerful reframe you can make anytime you feel a sense of rejection or failure
- What Alex did when she only had a few signups for a live event (eek!)
- My favorite strategy for writing (that I learned from her while on retreat… in Hawaii)
- Why you need to give copies of You’re Going to Survive to everyone you know as their bad-day bible
Alexandra Franzen and You’re Going to Survive
- How Alexandra’s biggest launch “flop” ended up being one of her peak positive experiences as an entrepreneur.
- Her (unexpectedly!) crazy-awesome profits on her very first e-book and exactly WHY it was so successful.
- How to move past the frustrating feelings of low sales and sign-ups and ask yourself how to make the experience amazing regardless of the “failure”.
- Alexandra shares the how-to behind a super effective technique she teaches to get in the creation zone.
- How she pushes through content creation roadblocks.
- How Alexandra runs a super successful business without being on social media! (See, you really CAN do YOU, boo!)
- Why being “seen” is critical to your business growth and how to push past those nasty fears of putting yourself out there.
- Alexandra’s uplifting new book called “You’re Going to Survive” – get it here!
Fav Episode Quotes:
“Figure out the thing that feels natural and fun to you, and then focus your energy there. You don’t have to do a million different things because somebody insists you should.” – Alexandra Franzen
“What’s important is that you need to communicate.” – Alexandra Franzen
“If it drains you, it’s exhausting, if you’re not even getting any results from it – emotional or financial – then just take a break.” – Alexandra Franzen
“If you want to be a successful artist, spend less time asking people for advice and spend more time honing your craft.” – Anonymous
[bctt tweet=”The people who I see out there thriving and excelling in creative careers, they spend very little time asking for advice and they spend a lot of time practicing and honing their craft.” username=”iamlaurasprinkle”]
- Tell us in the comments below, what a-ha moments did you have in this episode?
- Like this episode? Share using the links below.
- Don’t forget to grab your copy of Alexandra’s new book, You’re Going to Survive! Purchase here!