I just did a quick Google search on “moms and getting paid.” This is the first headline that came up from CNBC: First-time moms see a 30% drop in pay. For dads, there’s a bump up.
My daughter was born in April 2018, Over the course of the next year, my business revenue doubled… as did my pay. I also gave myself 3 months off when she was born.
Becoming a mama DOES NOT need to sidetrack your business. Listen in to hear how it actually helped me grow mine 🙂
- [04:25] How I went from not wanting kids (since age 11!) to having major baby fever and getting pregnant with no financial planning around bringing a new human into the world.
- [06:07] The book (that I couldn’t even afford at the time) that changed my life and business, taking me from negative profits to growing my profits by over 150% and helping me actually save for my 3 months of maternity leave.
- [07:11] Why getting pregnant was a huge stepping stone for my business
- [08:28] How I went from working 80 hours a week before I had my baby to significantly less time and the tools that help me grow in spite of it.
- [11:04] The second (and really important thing) that has changed my life way beyond business since becoming a mother. Seriously, if you take nothing else away from this episode, listen to this.
- [12:07] Why I believe that “sacrificing” as a mother is the wrong way to go, and what I feel we should do instead as mothers to help raise strong children who feel important.
- [13:00] How motherhood has given me mega-clarity on how I want to spend my life.
- [15:19] What part of my business I’ve recently cut (even though it made up roughly 92% of my revenue).
- [16:04] How a local parenting organization taught me something I never knew I needed, and how that realization has transformed me as a mother and me as the CEO of my business.
- [18:51] Why having fun and being silly with Cadlee has helped me become a more intuitive person
If you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant, or are already a parent and you’re worried that your business will suffer, click here to listen!
After You Listen…
Be sure to subscribe to Launch Rebels Radio! I’ve got some amazing interviews on the horizon, and I don’t want you to miss a single episode!
And if you’re feeling extra generous, I’d love if you could leave a review on iTunes letting me know what you think! After leaving your review, click here to be entered into a monthly drawing to get a personal gift from me!
Mentioned in This Episode