After all, when you’re running around trying to do every single task and fill every single role in your company, the thought of having an extra set of hands is like offering a kid cotton candy for breakfast… f-ing EXCITING.
I was a terrible boss.
Part of it wasn’t my fault… I was following hiring “wisdom” that’s rather old news (and yet is told to all small business owners everywhere)… rather than a system that actually works.
It very quickly became clear that micro-management only means more work for everyone!
This year, I’ve hired several outstanding team members who frequently tell me how much they appreciate my leadership and love working with me. And who also work independently and make me feel oh so supported.
I’ve still got a ways to go, but it’s a far cry from a few years ago!
In this episode, I dive into the ONE KEY DIFFERENCE I made in my hiring and onboarding process to make this so.
If you want to be on the road to a team that runs itself (alongside me, ‘cause I’m still on the path)… then listen in!
Your First Steps to Growing a Team That Runs Itself
Listen to Episode #5 to hear:
- [02:56] The name of my favey fave book
- [03:08] What to stop delegating in your business (and what to start)
- [04:23] A great exercise to do before you make your next hire
- [05:25] How to uplevel that exercise for maximum impact
- [07:31] Which tasks you need to let go of right meow, and why
- [08:53] Step-by-step guidance for that upleveled pre-hire exercise
- [10:41] What you absolutely need to nerd out about if growing a company matters to you
- [11:30] Why I’m not talking more about launches so far this season
- [13:06] Why I’m so passionate about sustainable team growth
- [14:06] The greatest factor of a successful launch (it’s probably not what you think!)
- [14:54] What we’ll dive into in the next episode
- [15:01] Why I keep saying “roles” instead of “team members”
- [15:25] Your big call to action
After you listen, I’d love to know…
- Where can you start delegating more ownership and fewer tasks in your business?
- What roles are emerging as being super valuable for your business?
- Have you purchased your ticket to PerformanceCON yet so we can jam together at our bonus planning session? (See details below!)
Mentioned in This Episode
- Profit First and Clockwork by Mike Michalowicz
- Run Like Clockwork podcast with Adrienne Dorison & Mike Michalowicz
- Toggl Time Tracker
- Amy Porterfield’s Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast Episode #272: My Biggest Regret After 10 Years of Building My Business
- Todd Herman’s PerformanceCON event in San Diego (September 30-October 2)
- Get an extra special bonus planning session with Team Sprinkle on 10/3 when you purchase your ticket through our affiliate link!