As someone who built their business using partnerships, I’ve never really had an issue making connections. When I need to do something I just send a text or hop in a call with a friend and get things moving.
I’ve been told by my team, and fellow entrepreneurs, that it can seem pretty intimidating if you don’t know exactly where to start. I’m here to give you that nudge to start making connections in your business today!
Last week I gave you the secret to building aligned affiliate partnerships (Check it out if you haven’t heard that one yet!). And now I want to share my process for how I make these connections, so you can start doing it for yourself, or amplifying what you’re already doing.
- Meet people in the right spaces, like my online community to meet like-hearted business owners, and set aside a little time every week to hop on connection calls.
- Make a calendar with a few thirty minute slots and send it to people you’re trying to connect with.
- Your goal when speaking should ALWAYS be to simply connect, do not expect to leave with a sale. You wouldn’t ask someone to marry you on the first date, so please don’t do that when you’re meeting people for business reasons.
- Be friendly and genuine. Ask them about themselves and be prepared to share information yourself!
- Give without the expectation of getting anything back.
Listen to hear my tips on making more genuine connections in your business, including:
- [05:40] My business is all about partnerships because I know how powerful connections are. I went from wondering how I was going to make rent to running affiliate programs for Amy Porterfield and Selena Soo because of my connections. It wasn’t luck or magic, it was one real connection after another.
- [07:38] Follow my action steps to start making connections yourself. With just one hour a week, including a few weeks off a year, you can easily make 40 new connections in a year.
- [09:15] What should you say to someone the first time you talk? It seems almost too simple, but just be friendly. Connect human to human. If you need some conversation starters… ask them about their family, where they live, or what’s been going well with them recently.
- [13:05] When talking to someone, see how you can serve them and give without the expectation of getting anything back. If you get in the habit of truly giving without expectation of receiving, you’ll receive back from the world tenfold (even if it’s not from that initial person).
If you want to start meeting more people, click here to listen.
And if you want to join a community of incredible business owners looking for just those kinds of connections, you’re welcome to join us in The Partner Collective. This is a space for connection, collaboration, and creation. We’d love to meet you!
After You Listen…
Be sure to subscribe to The Laura Sprinkle Show. I’ve got some amazing interviews on the horizon, and I don’t want you to miss a single episode!
And if you’re feeling extra generous, I’d love if you could leave a review on iTunes letting me know what you think. After leaving your review, click here to be entered into a monthly drawing to get a personal gift from me.
Mentioned in This Episode